All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to HMCA Services collecting and processing their personal data.
1) Who are we?
HMCA Services Limited, registered office: Beech Hall Annexe, Knaresborough, Yorkshire, HG5 0EA is a mailing, printing and fulfilment company.
HMCA Services’ Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly here:
Telephone +44 (0) 1423 866985
2) What is Personal data
Personal data includes information HMCA Services obtains from you from the forms and surveys you complete, records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website. It also includes names and addresses you provide to HMCA Services as part of any service we provide to you.
HMCA Services will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with the service you expect from it. HMCA Services does not sell or broker your data.
How we use your personal data:
HMCA Services uses your information to supply quotations, and manage the services it provides you. Data collected from the website includes traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, and the resources that you access, so that HMCA Services can improve your viewing experience.
The contact information provided will be used to develop our services, systems and relationships with you through staying in contact with you by post, phone and email.
At times we may retain third parties to process or audit data we collect including personal data. For example, the website may be maintained or hosted by a specialist IT services agency, a third party may collect the relevant data for our customer review functionality and any promotions may be administered by a sales promotion agency. In addition, if you order a product or service from us, we may share personal data with suppliers and other third parties to allow payment and delivery of such product or service. These suppliers and other third parties are contractually obliged not to use your personal data in any way other than that which we have specified.
Why does HMCA Services need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service, HMCA Services needs to collect personal data for communicating with you concerning the services offered and subsequently providing the said service.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
For marketing purposes, HMCA Services responds to an initial enquiry generated by you. Thereafter HMCA Services will stay in contact with you during the duration of the contract or for a maximum of ten years from the date of your enquiry, unless you have requested us to stop or consented for HMCA Services to stay in contact for longer.
Will HMCA Services share my personal data with anyone else?
HMCA Services sometimes needs to pass on your personal data to third-party service providers contracted to provide specific services. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with HMCA Services’ GDPR processing agreement applicable to your contract at that time, unless part or all of the data is required to be retained to meet legal or contractual obligations such as post-operative support.
How will HMCA Services use the personal data it collects about me?
HMCA Services will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). HMCA Services will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary, this is normally ten years after an enquiry.
HMCA Services is required to retain certain information in accordance with the law, such as details needed for income tax and audit purposes.
How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. In certain circumstances, such as contractual disputes or with your permission, personal data may be held for longer periods.
Our legal basis for processing personal data:
To meet HMCA Services’ contractual obligations to clients.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
To pursue HMCA Services’ legitimate interests of providing membership management, print and mailing services to clients and membership groups. For HMCA Services' marketing purposes, and in order to pursue our legitimate interests, data comprising trade associations, membership bodies, other bonafide organisations and entities used by the business to generate new business will be kept by the business on a rolling database, allowing an ongoing dialogue until the contact opts out or requests erasure.
HMCA Services does not knowingly collect information from, or store personal data about, any unsupervised child under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use this website or provide your personal data unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian. If you are providing data to us as part of a contract between us, you must tell us if any child under the age of 18 in included.
HMCA Services will process personal data during the duration of the contract it is fulfilling with you. After the completion of any contractual arrangement (printing, mailing or membership management), data will be retained for up to 64 days, after which it will be deleted. Where personal data is required to be kept to satisfy any legal requirements, this will be kept to a minimum and retained for up to 10 years.
Under what circumstances will HMCA Services contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and HMCA Services undertakes not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
HMCA Services at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If HMCA Services does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In all cases, this will be a representative in the UK or EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of HMCA Services or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
HMCA Services accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
A copy of your passport, driving licence, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If HMCA Services is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for HMCA Services to process both personal data and special categories of personal data, but it must be explicitly given.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning 01423- 866985 or writing to: The DPO, Beech Hall, Knaresborough, HG5 0EA
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that HMCA Services refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests should be made to the HMCA Services Data Protection Officer:
Contact Name: Andrew Baker
Address: HMCA Services Limited, Beech Hall Annex, Knaresborough, HG5 0EA
Telephone: 01423 866985
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by HMCA Services (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly to HMCA Services non-executive director and the supervisory authority.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact
Contact Name: Elizabeth Denham
Address: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Contact Name: Philip Allott (EU GDPR P)
Address: HMCA/s plc, Beech Hall, High Street, Knaresborough, HG5 0EA
Telephone: 01423 866985